$1911

was donated
Knots on Alpha Pattern Slanted, How to Straighten It? by MidnightMorpher 5 years ago

I?ve been having trouble getting the individual knots in (any) alpha patterns straight so that the corners are touching one another instead of pointing in opposite directions, but they all end up looking like this.

Is there a method of getting all knots straight?

RE: Knots on Alpha Pattern Slanted, How to Straighten It? by ninich 5 years ago

i had a similar problem and honestly some good old fashioned practice was all that was needed for me to fi it
but ive also found that pushing up the rows with a ruler helps to even everyting out when things start to get crazy crooked or tilted
also securing the bracelet really well to my clipboard or desk or whatever it is im using at the moment
i just add some tape or move the whole thing up under the clip so that only a few inches peek out and its much easier to control all the threads
from personal experience, id advise grabbing some leftover strings and trying things out till you get the hang of it and figure out what works
good luck :)

RE: Knots on Alpha Pattern Slanted, How to Straighten It? by kleinevos (moderator) 5 years ago

That?s normal since each row is knotted in the opposite direction of the previous row. It is even more visible in two-colored alphas if you tie the second color with your base-strings.

You can get them all in the same direction by knotting every row in the same direction, but you would need to start with new strings each row if you do so. The knots will also still be diagonal, but all in the same direction.
Only in normal patterns the knots will all be straight.

RE: Knots on Alpha Pattern Slanted, How to Straighten It? by kleinevos (moderator) 5 years ago

Have a look here to see the difference.

RE: Knots on Alpha Pattern Slanted, How to Straighten It? by MidnightMorpher 5 years ago

Thank you for all of your replies! Sorry it took so long to reply, haha.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!