$1911

was donated
Video help? by burnm3w1thf1r3 6 years ago

I'm trying to replicate this pattern https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/pattern.php?id=86825. I went through the steps but my final product did not turn out like the sample picture https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/gallery.php?id=101157. So I don't know what I did wrong. Looking for a visual guide or something along that line. Help?

RE: Video help? by Stefanie7 6 years ago

Arismende mirrored the pattern, that means she folllowed the pattern first, then she knotted a diamond without pattern and then she knotted the pattern again, but backwards.
When you just follow the pattern you get just one of the outer parts of her bracelet.

RE: Video help? by burnm3w1thf1r3 6 years ago

I understand that. I meant more so that my replication didn't look like the first half of her bracelet. Mine just looked like sort of jumbled colors.

RE: Video help? by Stefanie7 6 years ago

Oh ok, can you perhaps show us a picture. There are many bf and fb knots in the pattern, they are more difficult to pull tight. Perhaps you should pull the fb and bf knots more tight and the other knots less tight, so that all knots have the same size. But this only a guess without a photo of your bracelet.

RE: Video help? by kleinevos (moderator) 6 years ago

I agree, it?s hard to help without seeing a picture. It could also be that your knots ?flipped?, meaning that you see colors of both strings instead of only the one that made the knot. Make sure that the string that is knotted onto stays inside the knot, by pulling it tight enough to prevent the flipping.

This sounds like it. I don't have a picture. I gave it as a gift and forgot to take a pic, but what you both said sounds like my issue. So I should tie the angled (where its right and left or left then right) tighter and the others loser? I'll try that. And I'll take a pic. Thank you both!

All knots should be tight. But the knots you mentioned are harder to knot tight so they need a bit more attention. :-)

Ok I'll try to keep a mind for that. I just started today, I only have 1 row done. Something of concern that maybe you can help me with. The diamond that the author did before reversing the design, it looks as if they have all 4 of the color(red?) and separate 2 going one way and 2 going the other. But if I follow the design there should be 6 strings in between. How do they get the double wide row if the strings are that far apart? (in the diagram, it would be the A strings, when you finished the pattern the ending strings are A,B,C,D,D,C,B,A,A,B,C,D,D,C,B,A).

I answered under the picture. I hope it?s clear now :-)

Thank you, I read it and i understand the mirror part that you explained, but how do you make a 2 knot wide part with only 1 string. That's the part I don't see. Anyways, I'm 8/40 rows into this, so maybe tonight I'll have a picture to show and get help/suggestions on.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!