$1911

was donated
Making bracelets til the skin rubs off your index finger... by Andromadia 6 years ago

So I love using my hands and what better way than to create bracelets while staving off the need to constantly be using my hands. But the recent problem I ran into is after a while of making bracelets the strings rub my index finger raw, in a way. Meaning my finger is tender and feels like I've run sandpaper over it a hundred times.
My question is this, does anyone else have this problem and if so how do you keep from rubbing your finger raw?

RE: Making bracelets til the skin rubs off your index finger... by Neva 6 years ago

honestly.. before when that used to happen to me i used tape as a quick fix. but after the skin heals, it's harder to rub off. your skin becomes more tough in a way.

RE: Making bracelets til the skin rubs off your index finger... by EdBlair 6 years ago

My problem is when I tighten the knots, since I tie them fairly tight. If I always use the same finger (and the same part of that finger) to brace the string when I tighten, then the string will start cutting through the skin.
Try gripping, or wrapping, the string differently when you tighten a knot to spread out the area that is doing the work.
Also, only tighten the string as much as you need to, and no further.
And finally, try not to rub a "moving" string against your finger (or against the other strings). When a string rubs against your finger you will get rope burn or against another string they will start fraying

RE: Making bracelets til the skin rubs off your index finger... by princess_5775 6 years ago

I found that using vinyl gloves or the finger covers works well when that happens.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!