$1911

was donated
RE: Swaps? :) by Juno 6 years ago

Just an idea for the swap, how about if you make the restrictions on how many strings of the bracelets to be swaps and we sent the participant names and the coordinator would toss the 2 parties and each get the address of the recipients and the bracelet maker sent the bracelets to the name given by the moderator. So each would only need to send 1 times only, the moderator or whoever coordinating the swaps would not need to spend a lot of money.

picture can be sent to the coordinator beforehand if you want to have picts in advanced.

Just an idea, and I am looking forward for the next swap if there is one in the future.

RE: Swaps? :) by kleinevos (moderator) 6 years ago

I?ve thought about doing it like that, but there?s reasons for the way we always did the swaps. First of all it?s more save to only give your address to a moderator, second (and maybe even more important reason) is that a person only gets swap-bracelets after we have received bracelets from that person. If we do it like you suggest, it is possible that a person never mailed out bracelets and still receives swap-bracelets. It happened before when people did private swaps ....
But if everyone is aware of that risk I would certainly be willing to host!

RE: Swaps? :) by Juno 6 years ago

Ok, I understand about the risk. It is a lot of factors to be considered.

Should there is another swap sometimes I would like to joint :)

RE: Swaps? :) by greengrl26 5 years ago

It's nice to get bracelets from artists in other countries... But maybe we could do a few swaps that are just from people in that country... Have a swap and everyone message moderator hosting the swap and tell them what country they are from... And just gather everyone from that country and swap bracelets within countries? Like swap bracelets that americans make to other americans, people in France swap with other French bracelet makers... etc... Just a suggestion (=

RE: Swaps? :) by kleinevos (moderator) 5 years ago

The way we used to do our swaps meant that addresses were only send to the hosting moderator, for safety reasons that is a good thing. Another thing is that you could only receive bracelets if the hosting moderator received bracelets from you. We always did it like that to prevent people joining only to get free bracelets.
I would be happy to host it another way, but that would mean that your address will be given to other people, and there?s no proof of everyone being honest until bracelets have been delivered.
Last thing is that in our swaps you always received bracelets from more than one person if you made more than one yourself. If we change it to the way you suggest, you would only receive from one person.
But it would be much cheaper, overall and especially for the hosting moderator!

RE: Swaps? :) by alittlebitlee 5 years ago

I would love to another swap! If any help is needed, I would be happy to help out :)

RE: Swaps? :) by alittlebitlee 5 years ago

I still have have the bracelets I received from Sammoning and Greengrl26 from the rainbow swap a few years ago :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!