$1911

was donated
Neon cotton by jessinha 6 years ago

Hi, Any idea where can I buy Neon cotton for making bracelets. I just like to have the yarn 100% cotton. Ilike a lot neon colours but so far i only found neon yellow.

I saw there is acryl yarn in neon by bravo but i have doubts if its good.

If i use the embroidery floss and waxed cotton I get holes or my wires keep twisting, so I prefer the normal yarn. Any tips where I can get it in store (i am in Netherlands) or if not there in online webshop?

RE: Neon cotton by kleinevos (moderator) 6 years ago

I have two colors in cotton that you could call neon, yellow and green, but if you want real neon colors you probably need to use either floss or acrylic yarn. Or nylon or waxed polyester, but that's both harder to use for friendshipbracelets.
Acrylic yarn is fine though. Sammoning for example uses it all the time :-)

RE: Neon cotton by jessinha 6 years ago

Which brand do u have?
And this acrylic do you know which one is good? I cant find it in any store here so i need to order it online but i have no idea which one is good to use?

I already have waxed and nylon. They are nice but for the patterns i cant use them. The nylon is too thin so the wires turn all the time when i know them. And the waxed i keep getting holes. It doesnt look too nice. The floss usually gets one big mess. I only used cheap ones but i guess its all the same. I get holes wires turn plus everything gets stucked into eachother. But if u have any tip where i could get some nice colours or name of brands i can check it out.

RE: Neon cotton by kleinevos (moderator) 6 years ago

I mainly use Catania fine, Scheepjes Cotton 8 (which is not mercerised, so less shiny), and Phildar cotton 2. I like Catania best because that's a bit firmer/less soft than Phildar.
I have a few balls of acrylic yarn that works fine: Scheepjes Olifantje and Yasmina (I think the brand is Markoma).
I mainly use cotton though, so I never really searched for more acrylic yarns :-)

Marjar always uses nylon, so it can be used but it's harder to work with. I'm using it for other macrame styles myself, but I prefer cotton for friendshipbracelets.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!