$1911

was donated
One of my strings is too short!! by G_Y_Purple 6 years ago

One of my strings is too short and I can't tie any more knots. Help please!!

RE: One of my strings is too short!! by Lily_99 6 years ago

Is is a normal or alpha bracelet? For a normal, I deal with this much like making a multicolor alpha. Make sure you have about 3cm of the string that's too short. Cut a new, longer string in the color that's needed. Tape this string to your clipboard or work surface. Begin knotting, but use this new string instead of the too short one. After a couple of rows it'll be in pretty securely. On the back of your bracelet, tie the short end of the new string and the end of the old string together and clip the ends short so they don't show. Hope that helps!

RE: One of my strings is too short!! by G_Y_Purple 6 years ago

It's not alpha it's normal but would that still help?

Yep! I wrote that to be for a normal. I've done this a few times, and have never had issues.

O It says alpha?

O I didn't see sry thx tho

Did it work for u

Yep it's always worked really well :-) I had an issue recently where one of my strings broke, and this is how I fixed it.

Ok thx

RE: One of my strings is too short!! by EdBlair 6 years ago

The other option, that I have used several times, is to use a sewing needle to loop the new string around a knot of the same color one or two rows back and tie a knot in the back. As you continue working on your bracelet, tie at least one knot around the loose end of the broken string (along with one of the strings that you will continue to use) to secure it.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!