$1911

was donated
Photoshop Your Colors into a Pattern by MarenAnne6 7 years ago

My color-picking skills are in the quantal state of being great or dreadful, so I found a trick to sticking your pattern into Photoshop and changing the colors at will to see how they look together.
If there's an easier way, or if you'd like a more in-depth tutorial with pictures let me know. :)

1. Open up your pattern and take a screenshot (not of the tutorial, but of the top bar showing what the bracelet will look like)
2. Open that up in Photoshop and make sure your layers and color-picker are open and ready.
3. In the top menu, click on "Select", then "Color Range" - the Color Range window will pop up and your mouse will look like an eyedropper when hovering over the image
4. Select one of the colors in your pattern and click OK - your chosen color will have marching ants around it.
5. Add a new layer (never work on your original image layer)
6. Grab your PaintBucket Tool, and click inside one of the marching ants - it should now be filled with a new color in your new layer. Right now it just needs to have a fill, so it doesn't need to be a specific color
7. Do this for each color (remember to have each one on a separate layer!)
8. Now double-click on one of your layers. This will bring up the Layer Style window. Click on "Color Overlay" on the left side (make sure you click on the checkmark too) - here you'll see a Blend Mode list and a box with a color in it.
9. Click on that box
10. You will now see the color picker where you can choose your color, and each time you change your color it will conveniently preview it on your image. Click OK in both windows when you like the color you have.
11. Repeat with all the layers, and you'll see how each color will look together. Ta da!

Hope this helps and wasn't too confusing.

RE: Photoshop Your Colors into a Pattern by kleinevos (moderator) 7 years ago

We have this and this tutorial for the same purpose :-)

RE: Photoshop Your Colors into a Pattern by Giulia52 7 years ago

Thank you, very useful!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!