$1911

was donated
Suggestion for Kumihimo Pattern Generator by Kontrary 7 years ago

The Kumihimo pattern generator in itself is a very useful tool, but has some huge flaws. It's a real shame, because it's very nice for a preview of how a bracelet would look.
At least for me, it often glitches out and never saves progress. I would keep losing my progress which frustrated me to no end, so I tried to make all of the different strings different colors (through trial and error by clicking on random knots, since you can't just click on one string) to screenshot the pattern generator and put it into photoshop so I could edit bug free. I've been trying to do it with a 16 warp Kumihimo pattern for the past half hour and after having it glitch out for the nth time, I'm just done.

It's kind of a pain in the butt to do all of that just to make a proper pattern. Maybe I'm just dumb. In any case, here are some suggestions I would give:

-Make all the strings on the bracelet a different color, so it's distinguishable which knot is which
-Make it so that the color can be changed by clicking a string (on what would be the disk) so that a neverending trial-and-error on all of the knots isn't necessary
-Numbering the strings (and knots on the bracelet) would be very helpful in visualizing how the bracelet is made up
-An autosave function

It's kind of a lot, but at the very, very least I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to program in numbers for the strings...

RE: Suggestion for Kumihimo Pattern Generator by kleinevos (moderator) 7 years ago

The generator has some major issues for as long as I know. And our webmaster will not fix it anytime soon either....
I suggest you try other websites, I know there's one with all kinds of different kumihimo-designs, not just the one we have here with every pattern using multiples of 2 pairs of strings.
You can however also make drawings yourself if you know how the strings are moving :-)

RE: Suggestion for Kumihimo Pattern Generator by sal18 7 years ago

Hi, I;m just wondering how I use the Kumihimo Generator?? I don't get it.
Thanks

RE: Suggestion for Kumihimo Pattern Generator by kleinevos (moderator) 7 years ago

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!