$1911

was donated
Other by pvhall 7 years ago

I want to make the pattern A32822. However I am not sure of how to do it. I have the color picture of it but I need some kind of pattern. Is it made using the corner to corner method? Please help

RE: Other by kleinevos (moderator) 7 years ago

Our tutorial for alpha bracelets is here. The substitution method is the best way for multicolored alphas. The grid you're talking about is the pattern. There's nothing else. It's your own choice where to start, the smallest side is usually the width of the bracelet.

RE: Other by kleinevos (moderator) 7 years ago

The pattern you mentioned is way too big for a bracelet btw. I also suggest you start with a much smaller and easier pattern. This is not an easy one!

RE: Other by pvhall 7 years ago

I don't want to make a bracelet. I am going to use this grid to make an afghan. I saw it on Raverly made into an afghan using the corner to corner method of crocheting. All I need to know is how many crochet stitches made up one square on the grid.

RE: Other by Allison98 7 years ago

That's up to you! If you want it larger than what the grid size is, you can make each square into 4 (making a bigger square).

RE: Other by FatnSassy 7 years ago

Corner to corner is usually 3 stitches per square (plus the increase chain). If you use worsted weight yarn, you'll end up with a large afghan.

I made this graphgan using 2 double crochets per square. The image on the end project was a little shorter and fatter, but it was a lot easier for me than trying to follow a graph diagonally. :)

RE: Other by pvhall 7 years ago

Thanks. I have made graph patterns before but never with this technique. I am looking forward to seeing how I do.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!