$1911

was donated
What kind out string is this? by Lowjack 8 years ago

If The link or picture doesn't show up...disregard post I suppose.

It's really tiny with a plastic feel to it. It melts as opposed to burning so I'm comfortable with saying it's plastic coated or based. My local Michael's doesn't carry it. Or if they do its not with the other craft string, cord, yarn, ect.
Anyone?

RE: What kind out string is this? by Lowjack 8 years ago

WHY ARENT MY DROPBOX PICTURE LINKS SHOWING UP HERE.?? I'm posting with an IPad and copy/pasting link from my Dropbox account, what gives?

RE: What kind out string is this? by Sammoning (moderator) 8 years ago

You could try posting the plain direct link instead of a html/bb code picture :)

RE: What kind out string is this? by kleinevos (moderator) 8 years ago

And it has to be public. It might not work with Dropbox .

I think you mean nylon string. There are a few different brands, C-Lon is the most common nylon thread used for knotting.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/89d22837nfpa09n/AADvgeMuAAWiogrD4y7xeXTHa

Fingers crossed, hope it works. I used to post fluently with my desktop pic. This friggin IPad is terrible substitute for any online learning or surfing. Dropbox is the only way I can even get music files on it. Apple sucks.

Now if you can see them it looks like mostly common embroidery thread, however it has a rather hard plastic feel to it and it's melted in several spots to seal off the stitch where needed. It's really quite good quality because it's years and years old with no deterioration. Plastic coated if not entirely. Thanks again.

RE: What kind out string is this? by kleinevos (moderator) 8 years ago

It looks thinner than C-Lon. Maybe it's more like the string Redline uses? I think that's nylon or polyester, I'm not sure which one, and much more like yarn. It's sold as embroidery yarn.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!