$1911

was donated
Storage Ideas for Your Cotton by kirstieleigh23 8 years ago

When I first started buying cotton, I threw them into a box or rolled them onto bobbins but I found it messy and to be honest, a pain. So one day I took one side from my children's old cot, painted it and wrapped each rung in sticky tape. Then i cut all all my cotton down to 120cm length and attached them to the rungs with the code numbers sticky taped underneath. It has been a god send and i dont have any messy boxes or bobbins. In between each colour is a zip tie so that the cotton doesnt get mixed up. I would love to post a photo, however, I have posted it to Facebook and have made it public. The picture can be viewed at the following link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153457110117880&set=a.485043272879.263798.594712879&type=3&theater

RE: Storage Ideas for Your Cotton by kleinevos (moderator) 8 years ago

I've used the BBCode to show a direct image of it here. I hope you don't mind :-)

It's a great idea! I'm using balls of crochet yarn though, so I'm still happy with my storage boxes :-))
Your idea might also work attached to the inside of a door to keep the dust away from the strings.

RE: Storage Ideas for Your Cotton by kirstieleigh23 8 years ago

Thank you for doing that. I couldn't work out how to post the photo directly.

RE: Storage Ideas for Your Cotton by Jazzy5252 8 years ago

Thats a really good idea! It looks very easy to access and displays the colours well :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!