$1911

was donated
button closure by sazbones 9 years ago

Hi, sorry if this has already been covered but I've not seen much about it. Anyway, how do I do the hole for a button but still keep the pattern?

RE: button closure by kleinevos (moderator) 9 years ago

You'll need to leave out a few knots. For most patterns that's easy: just don't knot the two strings that are in the middle, as many rows as needed to fit the button.

Basically you just make two small bracelets for a few rows, instead of 1 wider bracelet. The buttonhole is the edge of the two smaller parts.

RE: button closure by sazbones 9 years ago

you make it sound so simple. thank you!

RE: button closure by Zdobb 9 years ago

I have made bracelets before, but am not familiar with all of the different types of closures and ways to tie them off. After reading this, I think a button type closure would be great for another project I am about to start, but I have a question. How do you attach the button at the beginning? Would you simply sew the button on after you tie the bracelet? Or do you weave the strands through the button as you tie? Thanks for any advice! :)

RE: button closure by kleinevos (moderator) 9 years ago

Both ways is possible. I like to sew them on later, but you can also attach them while knotting. We have a tutorial here

RE: button closure by LeFuzz 8 years ago

I would personally sew them on so if something happens to the strings attaching the button, the whole bracelet isn't screwed.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!