$1911

was donated
RE: Curling bracelets!?!? by Tokio 13 years ago

Do you wear them in the shower? Either soak the bracelets in water overnight or wear them in the shower a few times. Usually the bracelets I wear look better after a few hours worth of soaking, and they don't curl up as much. If you do wear them already, dunno what to tell you. Sorry :/

RE: Curling bracelets!?!? by TonturaDaunt 13 years ago

Do You mean .. curl up like a string or somthing ??
Here's what you do ... WOORKS PERFECTLY !!

Get a transparent nail polish .. And polish on each side :D It gives it a hard cover over it .. Hardens the surface a little bit making it nearly impossible to curl ...Like the curl of a spring if that's whar u r talking about =)

RE: Curling bracelets!?!? by cougrz38 13 years ago

i've had this problem............. but won't putting nail polish on them make them too hard to curl around the wrist?

RE: Curling bracelets!?!? by TonturaDaunt 13 years ago

No , glaze it slightly .. Dont puut alot over , Cuz yaaa that'll make it hard :D
Put the smallest amount as you can :D

RE: Curling bracelets!?!? by IzzyJane 13 years ago

I find when I have problems with rolling it is generally intentional. But its is caused by too little tension in the knots. my suggestion : Tie the knots a little tighter. :)

RE: Curling bracelets!?!? by TailessKat 13 years ago

Here's what I found works for me:

Before you put the bracelet on go over both sides with an iron. I use cotton embroidery floss so I put the iron on the cotton setting and use steam.
I put my bracelet on and then don't take it off so I wear them in the shower. Since my string is cotton the bracelet gets a bit tight in the shower (also because the string expands a bit as it absorbs water). As it dries I go through and push on the bracelet to "pop" the part that starts to curl in back out and basically reshape the bracelet. I've found that tying tighter knots does help with this too. some bracelets are just worse about curling in than others. It has a lot to with the pattern and the type of knot you're tying.

RE: Curling bracelets!?!? by KatieSaurus 13 years ago

i take all my school textbooks and just pile them all on top of my collection about every week and i've had the same bracelets for about 9 months. ;) they're perfect

RE: Curling bracelets!?!? by darlinlily 11 years ago

I use my flat iron on a medium/low setting, usually the default setting that the iron is set to when I turn it on. I pass the iron over the bracelet multiple times and then press it with my palm. It works very well for me.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!