$1911

was donated
RE: stolen patterns on BraceletBook by NicosUptownGirl 8 years ago

i was not ruffling any feathers or causing upset i was only asking

RE: stolen patterns on BraceletBook by Paulaa 8 years ago

I sent personal message a month ago to BB demanding to delete the stolen pattern. They still haven't removed it :/

to be honest you probably won't get a reply from there i've been waiting for 3 months now for them to submit photos of patterns i've completed from my list and patterns i've created and nothing has been submitted or declined on there for months there is now only one admin and a lot of bb users including myself are getting seriously annoyed at them

RE: stolen patterns on BraceletBook by CoHa 8 years ago

I've reported one of my patterns too, but there is no response. I'm considering to send an invoice for using the pattern (how well that I have registered a business for it).

I like friendship-bracelets.net because there is no problem to contact an admin, but braceletbook... :-(((

braceletbook.com is an absolute nightmare at the moment there is now only 1 admin on there and he won't respond to any of us,no new patterns have been submitted no new photos of completed works have been aceepted and posted since may of this year

RE: stolen patterns on BraceletBook by Foz 8 years ago

I really wasn't going to comment, because I knew anything I said would sound mean and spiteful... but to hell with it! HAHAHAHA! too effing bad! they tried way too hard to copy everything we have here, with no consideration for our site, or our users, and it backfired on them. I wonder if they never realised why this site had so many moderators -- like they all just hang out and twiddle their thumbs :-D that was horrid, but don't say I didn't warn you ;-)

RE : stolen patterns on BraceletBook by miss_jessy08 3 years ago

I use bracelet book because it has a nice, updated feel to it. I do not think stealing patterns is okay though.

RE : stolen patterns on BraceletBook by tennistime 3 years ago

Honestly, I constantly check both sites for new patterns. But what I’ve noticed is that BraceletBook is rising in activity, and this is dying. I’m sorry to break it to all of you guys, but braceletbook is just better in some ways. I know that this website is the original. But you all have to get over the fact that if they are stealing patterns, they may not know it. They don’t have the time to go through all of the patterns on here just to make sure they aren’t stealing it. Also some people post the same patterns on both sites, when they are both by the same user. Make sure you aren’t saying somebody stole something, try to look into it. Besides some patterns are just so simple and so original, that they can’t help but create it, even though this site already has it. Take the chevron or candy stripe for example. Those patterns are like the originals... every site should have it. Anyways just think twice before saying somebody stole a pattern. Both sites are just trying to improve the bracelet community.

RE : stolen patterns on BraceletBook by kleinevos (moderator) 3 years ago

This thread was posted 5 years ago. At that time many users on BraceletBook were stealing our patterns. The stolen patterns were more intricate, most of the time even in the original colors. We didn’t talk about simple patterns like chevrons, candystripes, etc.
We asked to remove the stolen patterns, see the first post, and they refused. Please read more before you state your opinion. We, the moderators here, also don’t have time to check BraceletBook when checking patterns, but we have always removed stolen patterns as soon as they were reported.
And again, I hope they do better now. This was al years ago. People can change, sites can change.
Go to whatever site you prefer. We all do our best to give people a nice community and a lot of nice patterns, for free. We spend hours of our time. Moderators, but also our webmaster. Please respect that!
We are a friendly community and we want to keep it that way!

RE : stolen patterns on BraceletBook by allison_rae 3 years ago

It really doesn't seem like the people on here are as kind as you're making it out to be. They're always attacking us (braceletbook users) for something that could be either a coincidence or someone posting a pattern to both sites. I've read discussions on here and braceletbook about this topic and to be honest, I agree with @tennistime.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!