$1911

was donated
repeating patterns, but not colors by anyace12 9 years ago

is there a way to upload a pattern that has changing colors, like this one?
https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/pattern.php?id=9322
where the ending strings don't match the beginning, but the pattern keeps repeating?
there are plenty of them on here, but it seems like they were all posted several years ago.
also, is there a name for these? gradated i guess...

RE: repeating patterns, but not colors by anyace12 9 years ago

because i made a very simple pattern, and i tried to just keep going on the generator until i got back to the beginning, but because of the color changing it was getting so small i could't even see the colors anymore! and it was getting very tedious!

RE: repeating patterns, but not colors by Firewing 9 years ago

You can just stop and upload at the point that the pattern repeats on its own without having to make sure that bottom and top strings math colors.

i mean using the generator? when i stop at the point the pattern should repeat, in the picture it does what i want, but when i push save it says "This Generator only accepts repeating patterns. Please make sure that the botton string color order is equal to the top string color order before you save." is there a way to up load patterns from other generators?

RE: repeating patterns, but not colors by kleinevos (moderator) 9 years ago

It's not possible to post those patterns anymore. Stefan changed that some time ago to avoid nonsense patterns. :-)
The colors of the strings at the end have to match up with the beginning.

too bad:( but that's what i figured. oh well. i took a screen shot of the pattern i made, so i have it on my computer now at least.

and that was probably a good idea on stefan's part! thanks for the answer! =)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!