$1911

was donated
Any tips to hold your strings in place? by GoddieChan 10 years ago

Hello everyone,
I have had my difficulties with finding something to keep my strings tightened to something. Sticky tape on the table didn't work well for me. Now I have been using my lunchbox (put the strings in between and close it). However, this box is a little big if I want to knot on the couch on a lazy evening. I wonder if any of you have other creative ideas how to keep them tightened. I hope you guys understand what I'm saying cause I find it a little hard explaining what I mean.
xoxo

RE: Any tips to hold your strings in place? by Sammoning (moderator) 10 years ago

I also found tape to be really inconvenient! Maybe a smaller lunchbox or plastic box would work? I use a plastic clipbox for alpha's (makes straight first rows alot easier!) and a cardboard little box for my supplies and attaching normal patterns with and without buckles :)
Like this: http://www.houzz.com/photos/2329290/Large-Red-Multi-Dots-Suitcases-contemporary-storage-boxes-

RE: Any tips to hold your strings in place? by kleinevos (moderator) 9 years ago

A clipboard is the most common solution, but you can also use a safety pin attached to your pants or to a chair or pillow. Or a belt or something like that around your legs.

RE: Any tips to hold your strings in place? by jcburns2017 9 years ago

better then a clipboard is to do a slipknot onto a waterbottle. That way you can hold the waterbottle in place with your legs and tie knots at the same time. But a waterbottle is much smaller than a clipboard. I use a nalgene. or just a regular plastic disposable bottle

RE: Any tips to hold your strings in place? by xMacramex 9 years ago

I use a paper clip attached on a folder Hope I've helped you!

RE: Any tips to hold your strings in place? by GoddieChan 9 years ago

thanks for all the inspiring ideas! they are definitely useful =D

RE: Any tips to hold your strings in place? by tyger99 9 years ago

I use a safety pin clipped to my pant/shorts. when I get up, I just tuck it inti my pocket.

RE: Any tips to hold your strings in place? by Dimitjana 9 years ago

I often use empty boxes of hot chocolate - they're round (cylinders) and I fix the strings with an lark's head knot - https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/tutorial.php?id=3301 - doesn't work for all patterns, but for a lot...

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!