$1911

was donated
Pattern formation !? by Chriz 9 years ago

Hi guys,
I don't know how to arrange the knots for this image I created. It is a present for my GF but I can't manage to do it properly. Any help would really be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance
Chriz

RE: Pattern formation !? by Chriz 9 years ago

Sry, the image above won't work, so here is the link to the image:

RE: Pattern formation !? by kleinevos (moderator) 9 years ago

You have knot it as a multicolored alpha so there are 12 base-strings. Take the right color for every knot, that's it.

RE: Pattern formation !? by Chriz 9 years ago

Hey kleinevos,

thanks for your reply. Just for understanding: I take 12 red strings and one white string and go from left to right and then right to left in the next row? When it comes to the blue knots I just add an extra string blue on the line or do I already add the blue strings to the red ones? Sorry, but I am confused because in the tutorial the colors are just always in the same line and do not go diagonal or something..

Thanks for your reply though
Chriz

In multicolored alphas the color of the base-strings will only show in the braids since they are never used for making knots. You add in the color you need, also the red in this case.
And you always knot one row forward, one row backward,that's right.

If you'd rather not add in strings you can take multiple base-strings and use the technique for letter alphas. But the bracelet will be thicker were you do that and the knots will be more stretched out, as you can see in one of my pictures

Something went wrong : picture

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!