$1911

was donated
macrame board? by WJB2 10 years ago

I'm looking for something to keep the strings organized while I'm knotting. I'm not really sure what a macrame board is, but would this do the trick? Or are there other products made for keeping the strings in order while working on the project? Thanks!

RE: macrame board? by kleinevos (moderator) 10 years ago

Some people are using this cardboard loom.
I don't, it's fine for me to just knot without organizing them.

RE: macrame board? by WJB2 10 years ago

Oh this is great, thank you! I had an idea to just stick a strip of velcro at the bottom of a clipboard and just have the strings stick to the velcro in the correct order. I'll try either the loom or my velcro idea (or both), thanks again!

RE: macrame board? by Goura 10 years ago

I use a clipboard with needles at bottom,i wrap the thread around the needle once so it stays in position,in shops you can find plastic clipboards with even a small part for threads or an hole for hanging,you can find some even in sites

RE: macrame board? by WJB2 10 years ago

My dad actually made me a loom. Took a piece of Formica a little wider than my clipboard and a little longer too so that when it's clipped to the board it iverhangs the botto. He cut about 24 slits into the bottom and 2 holes down the center at different heights so that as the strings get too short I can bring the project down yowards the slits.

RE: macrame board? by Laytons_pa 9 years ago

What works best for me is using a macram? pillow. It has to be a material thick enough so that the pins stay in place, but loose enough so you can pin pins. I use expanded polyethylene which you can find at safety places (it's usually used around the base of basketball hoops so that if you hit the pole while running you don't hurt yourself.
For my sort of loom I've used to "sheets" of poliethylene of 2cm each stuck with a non corrosive glue, and then I've sewn some fabric on top of it so it's nicer and easier to work with.

RE: macrame board? by squeaker14 9 years ago

I use kinda a foam bord from the craft store

RE: macrame board? by ginchic 8 years ago

i use my macrame board and it's really easy, better than the cardboard, in the beginning i just used a foam board that i needed for my cards but now with the macrame board think it's better,

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!