$1911

was donated
Cool ways to end a bracelet by ILoveLucy 10 years ago

Does anybody have any cool ways to end a kumihimo bracelet. I've seen ones that end with metal clasps but I don't know how to do that. Are there special things I can get at a craft store? I'd be open for anything to end my bracelets.

RE: Cool ways to end a bracelet by sharasymbolique 10 years ago

I'm going to type in an explanation but then, there's this one on metal stuffs. http://www.weavershand.com/kumiendings1.pdf

you can get those at craft stores or jewelry-making supplies. If your local craft store doesn't have that, you can order online.

I also have this idea where before braiding, is attaching a lobster clasp on a jump ring then knotting the strings to secure on the jump ring then braid it till the desired length. When done, finish it with an overhand (there shall be a fringe on the end) and slipping another jump ring (or chain) on the part of the braid near to the endknot. and there. i haven't tried it yet, it's just a theory.

Or why not try putting buckles? You just have to add a few cm to the strings, and no extra stuff to add.

I wish to see what you've come up with your kumis. :)

RE: Cool ways to end a bracelet by ILoveLucy 10 years ago

Thanks! I ordered these special Kumihimo clasps. If they don't work I'll the other stuff. Thanks!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!