$1911

was donated
Ironing??? by Coral_Cat17 10 years ago

Is it possible to iron your bracelets? If not, how do you flatten them? I'm about to sell what I've made in a few days, and at least one of my bracelets is curled up like a corkscrew, so I can't even flatten it for one second. It's knotted straight, just...curly.

RE: Ironing??? by madamevil 10 years ago

I've ironed one or two bracelets before... I put them underneath a couple layers of towel (cotton cloth). I never put the iron directly on the bracelet. Give it a try! :)

RE: Ironing??? by Bugchick1238 10 years ago

I'll just give you the washing/ironing directions I found on DMC's site.
Wash the project in hot water 95 degrees C/206 degrees F with a mild laundry detergent. Dry flat then iron the backside of the project so you don't ruin it.

RE: Ironing??? by Coral_Cat17 10 years ago

Thanks! I actually was going to put it straight on the bracelet, so it's a good thing you reminded me to cover them with something...

Thank you too, Bugchick1238! ^_^

RE: Ironing??? by angeleden 10 years ago

You can place the bracelet a day or two inside a heavy book.

If your bracelet curls like a corkscrew, it is because :
- your knots are too tight, or
- your forward and backward knots don't have the same tension applied.

RE: Ironing??? by Lotus 10 years ago

I haven't had the same problem yet, but I've had some experiences with my crocheted/knitted pieces: you could wet it, pin it on a towel and let it dry. I hope it helps and I don't think ironing is a good idea! :)

I never did try it...I ended up taping that bracelet to my sign :)

RE: Ironing??? by LittleWolf 10 years ago

I did it with a sheet of baking paper between the iron and the bracelet, and that worked great.

RE: Ironing??? by Tuzyae 10 years ago

I know that this particular situation has been addressed, but I did want to add that ironing should be dependent on the material you use. If you use cotton embroidery floss, it certainly should be iron-able. Double check the directions from the manufacturer and make sure your iron settings are correct. Parchment paper or a tea towel can protect the item if you are worried about problems with the iron in direct contact.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!