$1911

was donated
Strings on the back of alpha bracelet? by ThatFalloutGirl 10 years ago

Can I cut the strings on the back of my alpha bracelet to make it look less messy? What will happen if I cut them? Will the strings unravel and come untied?

RE: Strings on the back of alpha bracelet? by chipee0405 10 years ago

hi
i don't think so.., you can't cut the back strings.. it will easily unravel in every color section that you cut. If you want your bracelet's back less messy you can layered with felt and sew along the edges. i hope it helps..:)

RE: Strings on the back of alpha bracelet? by Sammoning (moderator) 10 years ago

To be honest I usually cut them off, so far so good. But yeah sometimes I glue some edges on the back, and I've bought felt just in case :p

RE: Strings on the back of alpha bracelet? by chibi_ragnarok 10 years ago

I leave a few centimetres of string when I cut it, then glue it to the back with fabric glue. If there are a lot of loose strings, I sew a fabric backing on.

RE: Strings on the back of alpha bracelet? by TashaJ95 10 years ago

I cut them as short as I can and crazy glue the little part a lot and then when it is dry I take a nail file and sand it down to make it less scratchy and put another thin layer of crazy glue on it. I have never had them unravel doing that.

RE: Strings on the back of alpha bracelet? by BaileyBug 10 years ago

I cut them and glue them down with hot glue. TashaJ95 had a good idea to sand it down though.

RE: Strings on the back of alpha bracelet? by Veri 10 years ago

I usually make a knot with each two strings and then I just cut them off. I don't like having scratchy glue on the backsite of my bracelets and this method has always worked so far. :)

RE: Strings on the back of alpha bracelet? by Tuzyae 10 years ago

I've only made one alpha and I did the same as Veri. I tied every two strings together as close to the bracelet as possible without cinching it and clipped them. It was for a friend, so I'm not sure if it's held together, but I'm pretty confident it should be fine.

RE : Strings on the back of alpha bracelet? by hayley0412 2 years ago

I've heard you can sew them in, I'm just not sure how it is possible

RE : Strings on the back of alpha bracelet? by halokiwi 2 years ago

The original people who made this thread are probably not active anymore but since then a new technique called the clean back alpha technique has come around where both the front and back look clean and have no loose strings.

It is basically an extension of the flat alpha technique. You hide the unused leading strings inside the knots and transport them to where they are needed that way.

Here is a video https://youtu.be/NLCUwVXscG0

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!