$1911

was donated
Help Shopping for string!! :) by sexiiblueyes 11 years ago

I need help shopping for string. I'm always running out & never have enough to do what I want. I can't do really thick bracelets or alpha because there is never enough & I don't have a ton of money to spend on it. Please HELP!
Here's what I always buy:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kids-Craft-Basic-Colors-Friendship-Thread/19526647

RE: Help Shopping for string!! :) by Nadinchen 11 years ago

I use crochet thread size 10. It's a bit thinner but much cheaper. I always buy it in a little shop in my town so I'm sorry that I can't suggest any webshops.

RE: Help Shopping for string!! :) by sexiiblueyes 11 years ago

oh :( that's too bad. i can't imagine i'd want to do it with thinner thread though.
the ones i use now are pretty thin. great for the patterns though.

There is crochet thread size 5 as well. This should be as thin as the thread you use. The big advantage is that there are about 200 metres thread on one ball.

RE: Help Shopping for string!! :) by Kestrel 11 years ago

Where do you live? In the US, Europe?

I live in Europe.

RE: Help Shopping for string!! :) by Kestrel 11 years ago

Sorry, Nadinchen - I'd meant sexiiblueyes. It's a lot harder to direct someone to string purchasing if I don't know what stores they have :)

I got it seconds after posting ;)
But I think its a good information for sexiiblueeyes to know where I buy my thread ;)

RE: Help Shopping for string!! :) by juliagould 11 years ago

I always purchase mine from Walmart! I buy the big packs that have 100+ skeins, and for individual colors, they usually have some loose ones for sale around 40 cents. You can get string at Michael's stores as well, but I find it's usually much more expensive than good ol' Walmart :)

RE: Help Shopping for string!! :) by meimei 11 years ago

Ah, this is the thread I first used when I started making my bracelets (its craft thread)! The second time, I bought real embroidery floss though.
Anyway, if you have one in your area, try going to an A.C. Moore or Michael's store. I recently saw them selling 4 skeins of DMC embroidery floss for $1. (8.75 yards, 6 stranded, cotton).
But if you must stick with walmart, they have 36 and 100 packs of embroidery floss available. I really prefer going into the store rather than ordering online, bc not everything is sold in their online store.
Depending on where you live though, sales may be different, so you may have to order online.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!