$1911

was donated
Increasing the width of my bracelet by Plegue 11 years ago

Hey, I really like some pattern but they're too thin and I want to make them a little thicker. Is there any way I can do this? I want to add more strings to the already existing pattern without changing the pattern.

RE: Increasing the width of my bracelet by Acid 11 years ago

You could double the string or use thicker string to make them thicker :)

RE: Increasing the width of my bracelet by Odiiile 11 years ago

you ca double the pattern (put the pattern 2 times, next to eachother), add a border, or maybe use an other type of material like yarn, lr double your strings, so it will be bigger.
I hope i helped!

RE: Increasing the width of my bracelet by Plegue 11 years ago

Aw, thank you guys. Yes, but what if I want to, say, add just two or three more strings and I don't want to double the pattern. I'm trying to make pattern #36390 and I want it to be just a little thicker but I can't seem to work out the pattern with extra strings.

RE: Increasing the width of my bracelet by Kestrel 11 years ago

Add a border, like an extra black string (just as an example) to either side, or two extra strings either side - or as thick as you'd like the extra border to be.

RE: Increasing the width of my bracelet by BButtz 11 years ago

I just had a look at the pattern. You can add some more strings and have the pattern come out looking similar to the smaller one. Only there will be some additional knots added due to the new strings you put in there.

In the pattern #36390, i dont see a problem with adding one more black string on either side and then now on either sides (with black threads), you will be making mostly forward and backward knots. The pattern for the green thread actually is the same. Youre making it wider by adding more background strings in this pattern. Shouldnt be hard! :)

RE: Increasing the width of my bracelet by Plegue 11 years ago

Thank youu guys.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!