$1911

was donated
how to prevent from your bracelet rolling up by luvkdrama831 11 years ago

i made a couple of bracelets, but the keep rolling up on me and you cant see the desings. what can i do to stop from rolling up

RE: how to prevent from your bracelet rolling up by Alicat 11 years ago

Are you making two knots? Also, make sure they are tight! If you make the first one tighter, the second should follow.

RE: how to prevent from your bracelet rolling up by luvkdrama831 11 years ago

yes it is two knots. ok i will try that i was thinking of putting glue on them. guess i was wrong i am new to this friendship bracelet making k ty

RE: how to prevent from your bracelet rolling up by Alicat 11 years ago

Some say glue is bad for bracelets because it weakens the string and wears quicker, but I still use it for alpha substitutions.

RE: how to prevent from your bracelet rolling up by lady_cinni 11 years ago

when I first started making bracelets, starting with the candy stripe pattern, those bracelets would curl up on me. It turned out, the curling, was due to how I was making the bracelets. I was taking one string, and knotting it all the way across to the last string, then following with the rest (like a 6 string, bracelet, I'd take string 1, and do forward knots all the way across, then do the same with string 2, and so on) But when I started doing other patterns, I'd work from the left across to the right, 2 strings (one knot) at a time, odd rows going left to right, even rows, going right to left. So far, I haven't had any curl on me with this method.

RE: how to prevent from your bracelet rolling up by Bugchick1238 11 years ago

It's going to sound really weird but try ironing your bracelets. Put a damp cloth between the bracelet and iron and iron on the lowest setting. Worked for me!!!!!

RE: how to prevent from your bracelet rolling up by luvkdrama831 11 years ago

ok i will try the ironing thing first then if that doesn't work i guess i just need more practice with knot tying. any way thank you for all the advise

RE: how to prevent from your bracelet rolling up by LullabyeLaura 11 years ago

When I first started making bracelets, I had the same problem. For me, it was because I was knotting too tightly! You have to find a happy medium when it comes to knotting, not too tight, but tight enough so it will hold a knot. I second the ironing suggestion as well!

RE: how to prevent from your bracelet rolling up by camlamb 11 years ago

I find if you tie a simple bracelet too tightly it won't be even and will curl up. I like ironing my bracelets with a flat iron when I'm finished with them. :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!