$1911

was donated
Similar Patterns by Frosty 14 years ago

I was thinking about all the similar patterns on here. It seems that some people are unable to change a pattern when making i.e. adding strings, changing colours, deleting strings etc. So could we have a place on the pattern page where we can put the numbers of similar patterns., ie #3948 and #3848 etc. That way, if you like a pattern you can see other variations.

I was thinking it could go in the info area. People would need to be able to add numbers just as we can add keywords.

RE: Similar Patterns by moushtie 14 years ago

I did start making a list of similar patterns at one point.. was going to add a coment on each one that was similar.. but I thought that would get spammy fast.

RE: Similar Patterns by Stefan (moderator) 14 years ago

Very good idea Frosty! It is worth an own table in the database and an interface...

I'll make it real.. Soon :)

RE: Similar Patterns by AnJaGa 14 years ago

hey y'all ! Frosty this thing actually kinda works alreadywith the "key word" thing, it's just if i got u right u would like to have it permanently attached to the bracelet pattern, yea? well that's some real cool idea! Sefan go for it!
have a good day ppl, i go to work :(

RE: Similar Patterns by Frosty 14 years ago

Yeah AnJa, I agree, but some of the patterns are very hard to put keywords to and people choose different keywords for similar patterns. For example, I was looking for patterns today but I had no idea how to describe it or what keywords would have been used. Fortunately I knew Joy had made it.

Thanks Stefan, you're fantastic. No hurry. Just when you get round to it.

RE: Similar Patterns by moushtie 14 years ago

I mean, I suppose you could just enter similar pattern numbers as a keyword, but I don't think that's very obvious either.

RE: Similar Patterns by Stefan (moderator) 14 years ago

Similarity thinger added. Try it out, it is on every pattern page :)
Right now there is only text links pointing to other similar patterns, but i'm thinking about making small previews. What do you think?

RE: Similar Patterns by Joy 14 years ago

i was also thinking of an idea like somthing on ppls pages whre is shows when they joined or how long they have been a member of this for, or unless that would take a long time, that would b really cool since i forgot when i joined...lol think about it. =]

Thanks Stefan, I'll check it out. Yeah a small preview would be a good idea.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!