$1911

was donated
Alanah Jean by alanahjean 11 years ago

Is there anything I can do if I run out of string while i'm making a braclet?

RE: Alanah Jean by Kestrel 11 years ago

Alpha or normal bracelet?

RE: Alanah Jean by alanahjean 11 years ago

normal

If you still have any of that colour left, tie a knot between the too-short string and the new string, and just continue as normal.

Oh okay and it won't show up in the pattern?

It may do, but there's not a lot else you can do to add string in really, right?

RE: Alanah Jean by mischieviousbob 11 years ago

Actually you can add in a new thread without tying a knot at all. What you have to do is secure one end of the new thread (I wrap it around part of my clipboard) so that it's held tight, and then start knotting with it. After it's been knotted into the pattern the wrapped end can be unwrapped, and after the bracelet is finished I sew the loose ends in.

I'm doing this right now with a huge bracelet that I didn't cut nearly enough thread for. I'll have to see if I can get some pictures and make a tutorial of it.

Oh okay thankyou so much :D

RE: Alanah Jean by afikomen 11 years ago

I'm confused so if you could make a video that would be awesome because I always cut way to much string (and end up wasting a lot!) because i don't want that to happen. I end up wasting money.

RE: Alanah Jean by cmnewton44 11 years ago

i break strings a lot and run out of a color. i found that if u just cut a new string of that color and tie it like you would if it were attatched (say im knotting a pink to a black and the pink it what i need more of i would cut a new piece leave a little on the end that will be trimmed off later and tie the pink to the black as the pattern shows) make sure the little tail is on the back side of the bracelet. then once u get a couple more rows done cut the extra tail off as close to the pattern as possible. it works for both broken string and when u need to add a little. i have to do this a lot cause i pull so tight on mine and suck at measuring enough string. it wont show and it wont come undone. u can check out the pictures on my page to see my work most of those bracelets i had to do that with. hope this helps

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!