$1911

was donated
Using up Excess Thread by chibi_ragnarok 11 years ago

I found this DIY Beads tutorial that uses up extra string that's too short to make bracelets with.

RE: Using up Excess Thread by FatnSassy 11 years ago

Now that's a great idea! I think I'll try this later today!

On second thought, I'm not going to wait until later. I'm going to do this right now lol.

I've completed one already, and it's so simple and they look awesome! This is perfect for me, since I have so much scrap thread. I can't wait to finish enough to make a hemp bracelet with them.

Thanks again for sharing the link :)

RE: Using up Excess Thread by lella 11 years ago

What a great idea! :D I'd love to try it out as well -but what is Mod Podge? Is there anything I could substitute it with?

Mod Podge is a type of glue/sealer. It's used to glue finished puzzles and in decoupage projects. I would think that any type of puzzle glue would probably give you the same results. I would suggest though, that you apply an acrylic sealer to the beads after the Mod Podge dries to make them less sticky and to help make them more water resistant.

I made several of these beads last night, and I made a hemp bracelet with them today. I'll have a photo to post later. :)

RE: Using up Excess Thread by autumnrose123 11 years ago

Wow this is real cool I'll have to try it!!!! Thank you or adding this @chibi_ragnarok

RE: Using up Excess Thread by louliko 11 years ago

Thank you for this cool idea ! I'll try today if I have time :)

RE: Using up Excess Thread by chibi_ragnarok 11 years ago

(=^x^=) You guys should be thanking the one who made the tutorial, not me.

RE: Using up Excess Thread by craftygirl98 11 years ago

I'm making this! (Once I find some scrap string)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!