$1911

was donated
Help Me!!!!!!!! by SidneyMae 11 years ago

I'm not really sure how I should start my bracelet. ummm not sure how to word it, but normally I will tape down my bracelet, but that always streatches it out when I pull it off.. any ideas how to prevent this?

RE: Help Me!!!!!!!! by leorashep 11 years ago

are you asking for ways to hold down the bracelet when you make it?
if yes, you can either use a safety pin or a clipboard. if youre making bracelets with alot of strings the clipboard idea is easier. hope this helped (:

RE: Help Me!!!!!!!! by SleepyKitty 11 years ago

I also recommend a clipboard, but if you like using tape, maybe use a less sticky tape. When I use tape, I use painter's tape, because it's meant to be pulled up cleanly.

RE: Help Me!!!!!!!! by Alicat 11 years ago

If pulling it off the tape is stretching your bracelets then you probably need to make tighter knots, too.

RE: Help Me!!!!!!!! by Kestrel 11 years ago

if you use a clipboard, instead of braiding the start then taping it down (I'm sorry for assuming that's what you do, it's simply what I used to do) then tie an overhand knot far enough down the thread to braid it later and place that knot underneath the clip of the clipboard. Knot your bracelet, braid the end, and then go back, untie your overhand knot, and braid the start of it. Did that make sense?

RE: Help Me!!!!!!!! by chibi_ragnarok 11 years ago

Or if you have a plastic organizer for your string, you could use it instead. Just put the knot under the lid and close it. It makes the rows straight too.

RE: Help Me!!!!!!!! by SidneyMae 11 years ago

Thanks those tips helped me so much!(:

RE: Help Me!!!!!!!! by dorkydorothy 11 years ago

I saw in a tutorial online where this woman used a piece of cardboard. She cut one slit at the top and a bunch on the bottom, one slit for each string and the one on the to for the knot. It helps keep the knots straight and the string from coming up off table. That's what I do. The cardboard or a clipboard work the best in my opinion.

RE: Help Me!!!!!!!! by mariaalien 11 years ago

I use a clip from IKEA. It's meant to close plastic bags with food so no oxygen will come into the plastic bag. It works really fine! It's a bit hard to explain, but you can see a picture here: http://www.ikea.com/no/no/catalog/products/70083252/

To pull the bracelet to a door handle can also be an idea..!

-Maria :)

RE: Help Me!!!!!!!! by diana923 11 years ago

dorkydorothy if you are a beginner then that is great for you but if you are not then just use a clipboard. it helps to put some felt on your clipboard to hold down your strings but after a while get a shaver and shave the felt so you wont get a bunch of fuzzy stuff in your bracelet

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!