$1911

was donated
Bracelets are curling by stepho2277 11 years ago

So pretty much every bracelet I make ends up curling within a few days of wearing it instead of laying flat. Any tips to fix that?

RE: Bracelets are curling by IceyDreams 11 years ago

Doing some reading, I'm still relatively new to friendship bracelet making, tying it too tight can make it curl. It does that to me if I'm making one and make the knots too tight. My advice from my experiences is to pull on the ends, and try to stretch it on the edge of a table or a counter, like how you do with a dollar bill for a vending machine ^^; Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't, but let me know if this helps.

RE: Bracelets are curling by chibi_ragnarok 11 years ago

Maybe putting the bracelet under some heavy books for a while will help it stay flat? Don't make the knots super tight when you're making a bracelet.

RE: Bracelets are curling by arielbelle 11 years ago

Also make sure that for every knot you make you are making 2 knots. One forwards knot means making two knots. If you don't do that then it will curl.

RE: Bracelets are curling by LolitaLacemaker 11 years ago

I wonder if light steam ironing may help?

RE: Bracelets are curling by Cass123 11 years ago

if it curls, iron it flat!

RE: Bracelets are curling by mischieviousbob 11 years ago

I know this is a super old thread, but I always wash my bracelets and lay them flat to dry. It works wonders for all kinds of ills, including curling.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!