$1911

was donated
Tutorials by ElleMay 11 years ago

I have a suggestion for the tutorials page. It would be nice to have newest tutorials at the top, or a check bubble to veiw them like that, like the bracelets are when you search patterns. I'm always going to that page and searching for new tutorials, and that would be an easier way to search.

Just an idea. :)

RE: Tutorials by RuthieG 11 years ago

I also would like a new stream lined way to search.
I am new to this site and find it hard to navigate the search as it doesn't like the keywords I am using. An advanced search option would be great to help to filter.
EG, currently, members already start their post title with ((pattern)), or ((buckle)), it would be great to have the option to see those, or have important posts, like how to start/finish stuck at the top where newbies can find them.

The FAQ page could do with links to relevant posts as well.

These are just what I think as a newbie to this site, but these features are already implemented on other forum sites I visit.

RE: Tutorials by Tayrex 11 years ago

I TOTALLY agree ellemay and whenever I search something it has one of the words thats close but then it's so off

RE: Tutorials by Kestrel 11 years ago

Indeed, the "newbie" tutorials are already pinned to the top of the first Tutorials page. Other than that, yes, I know what you guys mean. A lot of the issue is down to people not naming their tutorials correctly however.

As a quick fix, and in no way meant as a replacement, you guys know the Tutorial pag goes in alphabetical order, right? So the newbie tutorials are in alphabetical order, followed by bracelet tutorials in alphabetical order, then the buckle tutorials, and finally all other tutorials. You probably all knew this but I wanted to mention it anyway, it was something I didn't catch on to for a good while myself.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!