$1911

was donated
Price Tips by Vampire 11 years ago

Okay, so I'm selling some of my bracelets this summer, and am going to donate the money to the local humane society, but I don't know how I should price them. Any tips? I'm selling all kinds, so a specified price would be very helpful. Thanks!

RE: Price Tips by Carrie 11 years ago

I always keep meticulous records of how much string each bracelet uses down to the half inch, and I price it by 1 cent per inch of string used.

RE: Price Tips by thejoeyarc 11 years ago

to go with the ^^^^ post above....i'm also selling bracelets soon. but do you take into account the amount of work that goes into it? the price per inch is a good idea but there is more that go into making a bracelet than just the inches of string used. not criticizing or anything...just curious. for a easy to make bracelet (let's use a chevron pattern for this case) what is the average price that you sell for? I also make dog collar/name tag things and those take me a long time plus the added cost of the clasps and whatnot...So that's more than $ per inch right? IDK about it...i'm still trying to figure out a price myself.

RE: Price Tips by lady_cinni 11 years ago

When I started making bracelets last year, they were just the candy stripe ones, and I originally had them priced at $.50 a bracelet, since I wasn't using much floss, and it didn't take me too long, maybe half an hour at the most, to make one, but several friends of mine told me I should raise my price and sell them for $1. Now I've got the candy stripes for $1, chevrons for $2, and the other patterns I've done for $3-$5, depending on how complicated the pattern is. I haven't sold any in a while, but now that the weather is nicer, I can try again while I'm at work on the weekends.

RE: Price Tips by ChelsiMarie92 11 years ago

i sell the ones i make for between $3 and $5

RE: Price Tips by leahmc 11 years ago

I price all of mine by the amount of skiens I use.

RE: Price Tips by flash 11 years ago

i would sell mine depending on the number of strings and time. every string used is 25? and every half hour is aswell 25?

RE: Price Tips by Vampire 11 years ago

Okay, thanks for all the tips guys! They really helped!!!

RE: Price Tips by Babybees 10 years ago

I price mine using the difficulty level, or how long it takes me (if it takes 2 weeks, its 5 bucks, a month is 3.)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!