$1911

was donated
Help! :0 by Pand 15 years ago

When I was creating a pattern, all the suns (I was doing a sun) were close together, so I added a line of the background color. When doing this the whole picture of the pattern got messed up. I don't know why it would do that because the threads were the same on the top and bottom. Does anybody know whats wrong?

RE: Help! :0 by Stefan (moderator) 15 years ago

There are bugs in the generator. I have made a new one that works perfectly well but it uses too much memory on the server. It cannot generate big patterns.
I'm trying to increase memory on my server but I don't really know how to do...
I'm also trying to redo it in another programming language but it's gonna take some time...

RE: Help! :0 by Pand 15 years ago

Is the genarator that 'works perfectly well but uses to much memory on the server' the one that is on the website now?

RE: Help! :0 by Stefan (moderator) 15 years ago

No. That's the old one.

RE: Help! :0 by meghan04 15 years ago

when i use it, the picture at the top is fine for large patterns, but is just a load of random dots for smaller ones. does that make sense?

RE: Help! :0 by Xather 15 years ago

I think the problem is using too many knots or too few knots on a certain line, this can cause issues and irregular changes in the patterns. If you use 8 threads for example, the knots should go in order
and if you have
or
it will cause problems.

RE: Help! :0 by Xather 15 years ago

Sorry, I meant ot say if you use 16 threads for example, the knots should go in order

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!