$1911

was donated
pattern 2660 by stargirl13 14 years ago

can anybody post word for word directions on how to do patter 2660?
i cant get past the first line

RE: pattern 2660 by Avi 14 years ago

The first 3 knots are on the left and the second 3 on the right.
Then the second line goes like this: you miss one thread and make 2 knots on the left, continue with left-right knot and then 2 right knots. And you go on. I'm not sure if this can help you so if it doesn't let me now.

When I said on the left i mean (backward) and right (forward) left-right (backward-forward) I thought that you will understand them better like that. Sorry if confused you. =]

RE: pattern 2660 by stargirl13 14 years ago

that does help, but i have one more question..
if you use like say i am using blue for the background color, if you use that and you do the 3 on the left and 3 on the right, the first string goes to the middle correct?

Look at the pattern. You see that on the top there are some letters (on the top of every thread) for the first two threads they are V V for the next are R V. Now look at the second line the first thread of the first line now is making knot with the fourth thread (from the first line)the knot is between V R (but on the second line!) So the first thread is now second. If you have more questions or you didn't understand ask and I'll try to help. =]

ok so when i make the 2nd line, do i bring the strings over the other strings? and the knot is supposed to fall between?

sorry if i sound stupid, i've never followed a pattern like this before lol

Well, I'm not sure I understood you, but i'll try to help. When you've finished the first line you start with backward knot (you have to miss one thread) then you make one more backward knot. Backward-forward knot and two forwars knots. Then you have to start the third line. You start with the first thread from left to right. With this thread and the second you make backward knot. Then you make two more backward knots and three more forward. To start the fourth line again you have to miss one thread and start with the second. You make two backward knots and three forward. And go on... the arrows show you which knot you have to do. If the arrow point left you have to do backward knot, if it points right the knot is forward. If it's broken in two and the up of the arrow points left and the second part points right then it's backward-forward knot, if the up side points right and the other one left then it's forward-backward knot. Look under the pattern there's a graphic of the knots. Hope this will help you! =]

I appreciate all the help, I'm sure if I can figure out one pattern using this method, I will be able to figure out the rest.
I know the knots and all it's just, I think that the graphic pattern is getting me confused. I have never learned to do one using a picture and arrows and so forth.
I hope I can get this down and if I do, I will post a picture and credit it to all that helped me! lol.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!