$1911

was donated
written out directions by stargirl13 14 years ago

this site would rock so much more if the patterns had step by step directions to them instead of symbols

RE: written out directions by Stefan (moderator) 14 years ago

Oh yes. I think so too. Too bad there are way too many of them, over 1000...

There are some step by step instructions on the tutorials page.

RE: written out directions by GypsyAngel 14 years ago

the patterns kinda make your eyes go like a ping pong match and yes step by step would be effin awesome

RE: written out directions by Joy 14 years ago

i like them the way they are. written out instrustions r too confusing for me...

yes but for some of usits easier to follow step by step written ones

like the pattern im trying now i cant follow the pattern everytime its a mess

RE: written out directions by Rissa 14 years ago

Patterns the way they are have a great advantage: They are international. They don#t need words because they are self-explaining once you know how to read them.

I have a hard time following Heather's descriptions, and the ones I've seen in books haven't been any better. Bracelets that I make after written-out patterns are always irregular, but I can't say for sure why this exactly happens. maybe because I can't see at once what the result of one knot should be.

I know everyone is different, so with you it might be the opposite, but I really prefer pics like Stefans where every knot is defined by one symbol and especially where you can see every single background thread. You can notice at once if you made a mistake.

If you need written-out instructions for a pattern that you can't do at once you can write them for yourself. Just "cut" the pattern into parts the way Heather does it. Side triangles, diamonds, lines, zig-zag are just pieces of a puzzle. Nearly every pattern can be cut into pieces.

For an example of how to cut have a look at CoHa's patterns at freundschaftsbaender.at. Just ignore the written-out text if you don't understand German and look at the parts named with numbers and letters and follow them one after another. The next step could be to compare CoHa's patterns from her site with the ones she entered here so that you can see if you're able to make the "cuts" yourself.

i have tried allllllllll the steps my mind is a blur

RE: written out directions by laughlover 14 years ago

I dont see the website

RE: written out directions by laughlover 14 years ago

JK

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!