(( Bracelets )) The Hippie/Wrap BraceletThe "Hippie Bracelet"
This bracelet, much like hair wrapping, is very simple and easy to make. Most tutorials I've seen on here and Youtube mistake this bracelet for a Chinese Staircase
What You'll Need:
At least seven strands of string, 60 inches each, folded in half (making fourteen working strings)
1. Start with your favorite way of starting a bracelet. this could be a buckle, a braid on each end (in this case, your starting strings should be a bit longer), or a simple overhand knot. I chose to make my version of the buckle. Search the tutorial page for direction
2. Pick your first color. This will be your first wrapping string. Set aside.
3. Pick two more strings. These will be your "criss-cro
4. With your optional criss-cro
5. Begin wrapping! Simply wrap this thread tightly around your bunch of strings, making sure there is no overlap or spaces.
6. Decide how much of your bracelet you'd like wrapped in this color. You could wrap your entire bracelet in this color, but for this bracelet, I'm going to stop at about 3/4 inch. To keep the string from unravelin
7. Now's the time to use your optional criss-cro
8. Holding your criss-cro
Uploaded photos (see all 168)