$1911

was donated
iPhone / Android app ? by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

Hello everyone.

In a short period of time, I have gotten the same request from two different users. To make an application for iPhone of Android cell phones. I have a droid myself, and I think some parts of the site are worth making an app for, like the pattern generators.

I have already started working on a touch-screen-friendly site on https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/m. It is far from finished but the front page should have the right proportions at least. Try it and tell me what you think.

- Is the mobile website enough?
- Do you want me to make a pattern generator app, or an app for the whole site? (the latter is probably hard to do)

A interesting fact: 6% of all users on the site use a mobile device to access the page.

Stefan

RE: iPhone / Android app ? by fluffernutters 13 years ago

I think that it would be a good idea to have the app to generate patterns... just because I've been in the situation where I want to work on a bracelet that I have not yet memorized (like the Batman one that I'm making for my father right now) on the go, but can't because I didn't have the printed directions with me. But I can still surf the web on my Droid anyways... But I don't care. Whatever other people choose. :)

P.S. I LOVE my Droid. How about you? :)

RE: iPhone / Android app ? by fluffernutters 13 years ago

Oh! And I just tried the site that you said would fit for touch screens (how thin it is and everything...) And it didn't work on my phone... I don't know why it didn't, but it didn't... I'm fine with the full site, though. :)

RE: iPhone / Android app ? by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

Didn't work? Did you get any error messages that I can look at?
I just looked at it via my own phone and it works fine...

Yes, I love my new phone, it's awesome :)

RE: iPhone / Android app ? by tuttyfruty 13 years ago

I visited the link you just posted, and all looks bigger!! I like it, though i don't have an android, my phone it's kinda old, well it's not old, just not too sofisticated.

RE: iPhone / Android app ? by Lovemenot 13 years ago

I got a "Error 502 - Bad Request The server could not resolve your request'
It is possible the error is due to my phone being, well old. It is not a smart phone, nor is it touch screen. But it would absolutely not go to the url you provided.

Even though I would not be able to use this app, because I do not have a smart phone. I think it is a wonderful idea. I frequent the actual website (the non-mobile version) through my phone and am always looking at the new patterns.

I hope to see this idea become a reality.

RE: iPhone / Android app ? by Lovemenot 13 years ago

Apologies for the double post, but I am an idiot. I had a comma where a period should have been.
The site seems to be alright on my phone (I have the Samsung Gravity) Everything appears to be slightly squished, for example, the header at the top of the page, reads:
FRIENDSHIP-BRAC
ELETS.NET
But that is nothing major.

RE: iPhone / Android app ? by suzwe 13 years ago

Hi,

for me, a good mobile website would be enough - there is no use for an app (that is probably only for one OS) if it only shows the HP in a better way.

I have an iPhone and https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/m works fine on it.

@fluffernutters: If you have a smartphone with you, you can also browse the webpage... or am I wrong?

RE: iPhone / Android app ? by Chocolate1842 13 years ago

It would be soooooooo amazing if there was a pattern generator iPhone/iPod Touch app You could make some money off it too

RE: iPhone / Android app ? by Chocolate1842 13 years ago

But wud the format on the app be like Generator 2.1 or the old one

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!