$1911

was donated
RE: Video help? by burnm3w1thf1r3 6 years ago

So this was 1 pass through the pattern. https://imgur.com/a/1YcT7
I'm not yet sure how to accomplish the diamond with only 2 like colored strings. And so far the only imperfection I see is one white knot near the bottom. How can I get my knots neater cuz mine don't look anywhere near as crisp as others I've seen and I don't know what I'm doing different.

RE: Video help? by kleinevos (moderator) 6 years ago

It?s really not bad though! It takes (a lot of) practice to make clean knots and this is not a easy pattern. The right, even, tension is the most important part of making clean knots and straight edges.
I have made a pattern for you to show how the diamond part is done, that is probably easier to understand than an explanation in words ;-))

Note that you can start the diamond wherever you like, the bracelet of Arismende seems to have the diamond a little further in the pattern.

https://imgur.com/a/1YcT7 so this is what I got. This is 1 pass through the pattern. I still don't see how to make the diamond with only 2 like colored strings. I also don't know why my knots don't look like the one in the sample bracelet picture.

Ignore my repeat. My.phone wasn't updated so I reposted.

Thank you! Last 3 questions, i hope they're easy to answer. I'm looking for something to explain these 3 questions on here but can't find it.

1: The ring (the loop at one end of the bracelet that you tie the tails through. What is the best/nicest way to go about making this? I've just twisted the strings and then loop knotted it but I'd like a better way if there is one.

2: The tails that you put through the loop to tie the bracelet. I've always just braided them and then put a knot at the end. Is there a nicer or better way to go about them?

3. Is there a specific style, brand, or such string to use for bracelets to get better knots or a cleaner look? I just use embroidery thread.

1:
A tutorial for the loop is here
It sounds like that?s what you are already doing :-)

2:
You can make a regular 3-strand braid, but we also have tutorials for a 4-strand braid or a fishtail braid. These are both very nice. I personally always do the twisted rope, mainly because that?s faster ;-)
And I never do an overhand knot at the end. I always do a few half hitch knots, also called Chinese staircase.

3:
Not really, floss is very nice. I personally prefer cotton crochet yarn because it?s cheaper and does not fray as much. It does not make nicer, or less nice, knots. That is mainly a matter of practicing a lot. Slippery thread is harder to work with though, and I prefer strings that are not too soft.

Thank you so much for everything!!!

Ok I thought of something else that I don't know how to do or where to look to find a guide. How do you get this end so neat? https://imgur.com/a/iZJbc When I do mine, I just end the design and everything is square and, honestly, ugly.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!