$1911

was donated
RE: Next swap - ideas and suggestions by kleinevos (moderator) 9 years ago

O, and what about an alpha-only swap once in a while? Will there be enough of you to participate? We don't have a lot of alphas in the swaps lately.

Or a swap for smaller bracelets, let's say 8-10 and 12-14 strings ? Where tutorial-bracelets are allowed? Maybe the people that have just started will like a less 'intimidating' swap like that ??

Just some random ideas for future swaps :-)

RE: Next swap - ideas and suggestions by Kislobog 9 years ago

I will participate anyway whether it would be alpha only, or smaller bracelets - whatever :)
But I still prefer making larger bracelets, 24+ strings, they are more interesting both to make & to receive

RE: Next swap - ideas and suggestions by elizabeth_s 9 years ago

It might be an idea (if it was possible) to run an alpha only swap alongside a normal only swap. You could do that by only swapping alpha with alpha within the swap.

Some people just don't do alphas, or not regularly, and it'd be another restriction that might put people off entirely.

I like the colour scheme idea mentioned, I want to do that in my own bracelets anyway now hehe

Attracting new or inexperienced people is a good idea, I'd hate to think someone didn't want to swap because they thought they weren't good enough.

I think the less 'rules' the better, as this is supposed to be fun and it's about giving each other presents. I like to have freedom and creativity, I like to choose myself what I want to give to somebody :)

RE: Next swap - ideas and suggestions by kleinevos (moderator) 9 years ago

If we do the alpha-swap at the same time as a normal-bracelet swap we will probably not have enough alphas to swap, unless all alphas have the same string amount, which would then limit the pattern-choice too much, I think.
That's why I was thinking about an alpha-only swap some time in the future. But we need enough participants for that :-)

RE: Next swap - ideas and suggestions by Arismende 9 years ago

Thanks for your ideas, guys! - yeah, an alpha-only swap could be a nice thing, one time in the future, but indeed, to make it happening, we would need some more feedback for this :)
Since the current swap is almost finished now, I'll prepare a new swap thread later today; stay tuned :)

RE: Next swap - ideas and suggestions by Teuntje1998 9 years ago

Are there all new suggestions for the next swap now the spring swap is already finished? I liked it so much!

all = already. sorryy i just making from a dutch word an english word XD

RE: Next swap - ideas and suggestions by Arismende 9 years ago

Yes, we already have something in mind for you guys, - stay tuned, we will let you know soon!

Nicee!! Can't wait ;)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!