$1911

was donated
RE: Does anyone know what to do with the labels on skeins? by kleinevos (moderator) 9 years ago

You can make nice origami with these labels, like kusudama.

RE: Does anyone know what to do with the labels on skeins? by xMacramex 9 years ago

just throw it. it's not such a big deal. How much skeins are you currently using?

RE: Does anyone know what to do with the labels on skeins? by lady_cinni 9 years ago

personally, I just finished winding all the skeins into bobbins a few weeks ago, and that was my last stash of floss I bought (over the last year or so), I had probably 500 skeins. I've now got over 1100 skeins wound onto the bobbins, and that's not actually counting the floss I've used to make the bracelets that I have been making in the last 4 years or so (those are separated from the rest of my stock)

RE: Does anyone know what to do with the labels on skeins? by Neva 9 years ago

Macrame, I know they're not such a big deal just I wanted to see if anyone had found any good ideas to use them for before they get thrown out.

kleinevos, thank you I'll check that out!

RE: Does anyone know what to do with the labels on skeins? by xMacramex 9 years ago

Neva, how much skeins do you use???

I go through quite a lot? I've been keeping them and I have a small ziplock bag full. I use a bunch of whites and blacks and then other colors that require a lot of string for certain patterns.

RE: Does anyone know what to do with the labels on skeins? by Sammoning (moderator) 9 years ago

Were you thinking of using the labels for other crafts?

Because then it might be fun to try use em to make paper beads or, a candywrapper bracelet

I generally know how to make paper beads but I don't know how to use the skeins for that? (unless they're super small)

The candy wrapper seems.. possible? I'll have to try it!

RE: Does anyone know what to do with the labels on skeins? by Sammoning (moderator) 9 years ago

I personally don't use skeins so I'm not really sure how big they are haha, I just kind of felt people missed the point in your question.

They're about smaller than an inch. I suppose I can try it but it would be hard to roll it up.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!