$1911

was donated
RE: selling on etsy by Mariska 11 years ago

Well people can make alpha bracelets,normal bracelets,but there will not take off.

But just like what Co2 say if you have customers who wants to order a bracelet from pokemon,hello kitty,let them send you a pm or an e-mail.

RE: selling on etsy by Trematode 11 years ago

When I was yearbook editor, we were not allowed to print copy-write images... but we were allowed to print artistic representatives of copy-write images... printing a picture of Mickey Mouse was illegal, but printing a drawing of Mickey Mouse was okay.

I was wondering if this applies to bracelets as well. I see a lot of people at craft shows and on the internet selling their artistic versions of a character or series with no repercussions.

RE: selling on etsy by karxalc 11 years ago

I don't take custom orders of copyrighted characters for that reason. Just like when we don't like someone else stealing our patterns or photos, copyright owners don't want us profiting from their images/artwork. But I think there are some companies that are okay with some fan art. :-)

RE: selling on etsy by thematt711 11 years ago

10 or more exact copies of a particlar image that has a copyright is considered infrigment.
@ karxalc - You have my RESPECT. That's the way to be. :)

RE: selling on etsy by Alicat 11 years ago

But since you are taking their image and turning it into your own pattern, that wouldn't be an exact copy, would it?

yes Alicat.But the pattern that I took from angry birds,came from here.

But I found also an article,not friendship bracelet related.

A girl made lovely animals out of polymer clay.She made a angyr bird.The bird was in no way looking the same as the angry bird characters,but still she get the same mail to put that clay bird off.only that she called a angry bird(the bird look angry)

RE: selling on etsy by Foz 11 years ago

I still think whoever reported these items and stores had no right to do that. when Mariska contacted me about this, I did a search for "angry birds" on etsy, and found 1,400 items. if etsy really had it in their policy to not allow the sales of any angry birds itmes, or pokemon items, they would put it in a big disclaimer, and disallow ALL such items -- not remove a select few that are reported by someone with too much time on their hands.

Goodmorning Foz :)

I agree with foz.

the strangest was that they removed my angry birds item,but my mario was still there.:? :/

RE: selling on etsy by karxalc 11 years ago

Well they remove only the items the copyright holder reports, angry birds copyright owner contacted etsy directly with link of items (including Mariska bracelet) and asked etsy to remove them. Etsy can't know who own rights or has permission to use copyright material so they only remove them when the owner ask them too, plus I think it will be a lot of work and lost profit if they deleted all items with infractions from etsy so they let it slit.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!